Another great meeting – Marshall Gold Discovery Park was beautiful. Very interesting movies and Docent tour. Fascinating that so much history is so close to our back door. Seems that many of the founders of this area and those involved with the initial gold discoveries were pretty interesting “characters”, makes you want to keep your back door locked!! Minutes from the meeting are attached.
Great news is we have identified 3 out of the 4 needed Board members – President, Debbie Bybee-Crumpley; Vice President, Carol Game; and Treasurer, Norma Ray. We are still looking for the Secretary, if you are interested, please contact me asap.
Well, the end of the year is rapidly approaching but we still have 3 major activities coming up.
November Club Meeting
· Date: 11/3/2021
· Time: 10:30 for socializing and the meeting will start at 11:00
· Location: Pollock Pines Community Church
6361 Pony Express Trail, Pollock Pines, CA
· This is our traditional Potluck Meeting
o If your last name starts with:
§ A thru H – salads
§ I thru M – main dish
§ N thru Z – desserts
§ Or just bring your favorite potluck dish!!!
o If you prefer to not join in the Potluck then please bring your own lunch and join us for the meal.
· Remember this is the meeting that we donate to the Church’s pantry. I have attached a list of the type of items they need. Given the last couple of years, far more people need assistance – let’s help them fill the pantry!!
· Date: Friday – 11/19 from 5pm to 9pm and Saturday from 9am – 3pm
· Location: Pollock Pines-Camino Community Center
· Details, and how you can help make this a successful event will follow in a separate email
· Date: December 1, 2021 – 11am to 3pm
· Location: Wedgewood Weddings, Sequoia Mansion
643 Bee Street, Placerville, CA
· Fee: $35/person – spouses are welcome to join the festivities
· More details on registration, etc. will follow in a separate email
Look forward to seeing everyone at our November meeting – there is always lots to do during that meeting.
Attached are the October meeting minutes
Oct meeting minutes.docx17.3kB